Handled tech, business and trade media to support the hybrid digital production studio. Launched Hooked’s first project, the Haunting Melissa app that positioned company founder Neal Edelstein as a disruptor.
Refined positioning, created materials, and helped build a relationship with Apple PR to provide insights and introductions to benefit the client. Secured pre-launch meetings with key top-tier outlets in multiple cities, staffed West Coast meetings and provided continuous outreach to generate multiple days of initial coverage. Work resulted in 200+ placements in strongly syndicating worldwide outlets, including Bloomberg BusinessWeek, TechCrunch, Fast Company, CBC, The Wrap, Bloomberg TV, TUAW and The Los Angeles Times among many others.
Following big bang introduction, provided ongoing strategy, counsel, proactive outreach, technology launches related to enhancements and award program support. Secured speaking roles at Apps-World North America (keynote), Digital Entertainment World and the Second Screen Summit.
Sampling of personally secured coverage:
- Bloomberg: Hollywood Horror Flick Gets Wide Release on Apple Devices
- Fast Company: IOS Ghost Story “Haunting Melissa” Plays Out Across Your Devices On Its Own Schedule
- PaidContent/GigaOM: Producer of The Ring and Mulholland Drive Releases New Horror Movie as an iOS App
- TUAW: Chills and Thrills for your iPad with Haunting Melissa
- TabTimes: Birth of a Scary iPad app – Haunting Melissa uses Push Technology to Spook You
- San Jose Mercury News: Haunting Melissa Mixes Film and Interactive Elements
- Studio Daily: Haunting Melissa Is a Horror Show Crafted for iPad and iPhone
- CNET: ‘Haunting Melissa’: App-only Film Delivers Horror to Mobile
- Appolicious: New iPhone Apps Worth Downloading: Viralheat, Haunting Melissa, Frozen Synapse for iPad
- The Oklahoman: Get Appy: Creepy Mobile Apps Feature the Paranormal
- SF GATE: ‘Haunting Melissa’ is App of the Week
- App Advice: Mysterious Ghost Story App Haunting Melissa Goes 2.0 In Time For Halloween
- TUAW: Haunting Melissa gets a nice update for iOS 7